Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WEEK 3 EOC: My Demographic

I am part of the Millennial demographic. The Millennial generation is said to be more greedy in a sense where it's all about personalization. 'Me, my' are the new pronouns for us. Comfort and ease with knowledge of technology is also a big deal. Born in a technological era, Millennials are used to being bombarded with advertisements and information, new waves of social medias and entertainment and gadgets to improve or lull our minds on a daily bases. Money status motivates the Millennial generation. The education bar is raised to where a high school diploma just isn't enough anymore. We are forced to go to college and get a degree, a good degree, in something if we wish to be successful. Because they're 'greedy', it causes them to work harder for what they want.

I am part of this demographic, I have to say it's all pretty much true. I have grown to understand and use technology on a daily basis, but due to lack of financial stability and my culture I am not familiar with fancy gadgets and things. I am fluent with the knowledge of internet, social medias, and computer programs that my Baby Boomer parents lack. I am 'greedy' and I do prefer personalization of things. I do not consider myself an American, I'm a Chicana. I have a pride for who I am and what I am and I prefer everything I do, say, own and etc. to reflect that. After graduating high school I immediately enrolled for college. I knew, subconsciously without realizing it, that a high school diploma isn't enough. I am the first person in my family to graduate high school and go to college. Money status does in fact motivate me, I am driven to be successful because I want to gain financial stability for myself and hopefully a family someday. I crave financial stability. I am definitely part of this generation demographic. No doubt about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment